220 Main St, Hudson Falls, New York, USA, New York, United States 12839
The Hudson Falls Free Library began in 1910 when a group of interested citizens formed the Public Library Association and elected the first five trustees: Josephine H. Allen, Emily M. Devine, Charles D. Kellogg, Erskine C. Rogers, and Willoughby Sawyer. The first treasurer was Mrs. Marcus Allen who served from 1910 until her death in 1962.
As librarian, the trustees appointed Miss Genevieve Clark, a junior high school English teacher who, for $750 a year, furnished a room for the library in her home at 110 Main Street and her services as a librarian six afternoons and evenings a week. This library was chartered by the Board of Regents on October 27, 1910, to serve the people of the township of Kingsbury.