There’s nothing quite like a chunk of fresh, local cheese, especially when you can name the farm (or farmer) you got it from!
Maple Producers in Washington County
1. Schneible Maple – ARGYLE
2. Wild Hogs Sugar Shack at MapleMilk Farm – CAMBRIDGE
3. Battlehill Maple – FORT ANN
4. Grottoli’s Maple – GRANVILLE
5. Maple Acres – GRANVILLE
6. Schoolhouse Maple – GREENWICH
7. Sugar Mill Farm LLC – GREENWICH
8. Dry Brook Sugar House – SALEM
9. Eli Truehart – SALEM
10. Mapleland Farms – SALEM
11. Wild Hill Maple – SALEM
12. Adams Sugar House – SHUSHAN
13. Smith & Taber Maple Syrup – WHITE CREEK
14. Rathbun’s Maple Sugar House – WHITEHALL
Why Local Cheese?
Like ice cream, it’s only natural that Washington County is home to so many cheesemakers. From traditional farm cheese to fresh, soft, and bloomy varieties made with goat and sheep’s milk, you can find a new favorite made here.
Annual Cheese Tour Event
Have you ever wondered how your favorite Washington County cheeses, wines, beers, and ciders in the region are made? Each fall, local cheesemongers open their farms and share their processes with visitors. Plus, enjoy craft beverages, activities, and of course – cheese!
Washington County Cheese, At Home
Many of our farmers sell their cheese at farmers’ markets and farmstands around the region! You can find cheese year-round at the Argyle Cheese Farmer. Their shop is packed with their own farm’s cheeses, milk, yogurt, and dips, plus great local items from other farms and producers. And don’t miss their selection of freshly baked goodies!