Rich in history, from pre-European settlement through the
Civil War and beyond. History comes to life in Washington County!
Maple Producers in Washington County
1. Schneible Maple – ARGYLE
2. Wild Hogs Sugar Shack at MapleMilk Farm – CAMBRIDGE
3. Battlehill Maple – FORT ANN
4. Grottoli’s Maple – GRANVILLE
5. Maple Acres – GRANVILLE
6. Schoolhouse Maple – GREENWICH
7. Sugar Mill Farm LLC – GREENWICH
8. Dry Brook Sugar House – SALEM
9. Eli Truehart – SALEM
10. Mapleland Farms – SALEM
11. Wild Hill Maple – SALEM
12. Adams Sugar House – SHUSHAN
13. Smith & Taber Maple Syrup – WHITE CREEK
14. Rathbun’s Maple Sugar House – WHITEHALL
Historic Parks and Trails
Washington County was a major gateway for settlers, tradesfolk, and the military during the first several decades of European settlement. Today you can still explore those historic trails and locations, from the revolution through the Civil War and beyond.
Learn from the Experts
With a variety of museums, monuments, and historic homes, Washington County is a history buff’s paradise. Visit the Old Fort House Museum to explore its role from the 1770s to the 1940s. Susan B. Anthony’s childhood home is in the county, as is Grandma Moses’. Many locations offer guided tours!
Where You Least Expect It
Some of our most beloved businesses and restaurants are part of history, too! The Anvil Inn restaurant is in a former blacksmithing shop and Skene Manor’s historic mansion is open today as a tea room, not to mention the historic covered bridges!